Good morning, how goes it with you on this bright and crisp Sunday morning? Well I hope.
Today’s square has been created from a stitch library and is called the Acrobatic Stitch, now don’t panic, you don’t have to be acrobatic to do this stitch (which in my case is good!), I think its called this because of the way the stitches stand on one another.
The stitch count for this stitch pattern needs to be a multiple of 6 plus 1 (add 2 stitches for the base chain)
- R/S 2tr in 3rd ch from hook, * 4ch, miss 5ch, 5tr in next ch, rep from * working along, 3tr at end of last repeat
- 2ch (counts as 1tr), miss first 3 sts, * work (3tr 3ch 3tr) in next 4ch arch ** miss next 5 tr, rep from * ending last repeat at **, miss 2tr, 1tr in top of turning ch
- 6ch (counts as 1 ttr and 1ch) * 5tr in next 3ch arch ** 4ch, rep from * ending last repeat at ** 1ch 1ttr in top of turning ch
- 5ch (counts as 1 dtr and 1ch) 3tr into 1 ch sp, * miss 5tr, work (3tr 3ch 3tr) in next 4ch arch, rep from * ending miss 5tr work (3tr 3ch 3tr) in turning ch
- 3ch (counts as tr) 2tr in next 1ch sp *4ch, 5tr in next 3ch sp, rep from * along ending with 4ch, 3tr on turning ch
Repeat 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th rows for desired length of work,
- in this case for this square I repeated them once more and then repeated 2nd row again
- 6ch *dc in 3 ch sp, 5ch, rep from * ending with 1 tr in turning ch
- with R/S facing, 1ch, dc in same, work 23 dc evenly down side of square, 3dc in last st, dc in each st across bottom edge (foundation ch) 3dc in corner, work 23 dc evenly up other side of square, 3 dc in corner, another 3 dc in same sp, dc in each dc and 5dc in each 5ch space ending with 2dc in last sp and sl st in 1st dc to join.
- Fasten off and weave in ends.
I think this square is best suited to a single colour.
Explanation of special stitches;
dtr – double treble, yarn over hook twice, insert hook, yarn over and pull through, yarn over and pull through 2 loops 3 times
ttr – triple treble, yarn over hook 3 times, insert hook, yarn over and pull through, yarn over and pull through 2 loops 4 times.